The mission of the Serbian Hernia Society, as a surgical society and professional organization, is to promote and provide a forum for the exchange of information and education regarding current and future methods of diagnosis and treatment of abdominal wall hernia.
- Organisation of scientific meetings, courses and workshops
- Education in new surgical procedures of hernia management for trained and trainee surgeons
- Cooperation in educational endeavors with similar societes throughout the world
- Improving the quality of surgical outcomes assessment
- Developing of national guidelines
- Researching of new techniques and materials in hernia surgery
The Serbian Hernia Society also aims to act as an authoritative objective resource of hernia information for surgeons, healthcare professionals and patients.